McClellan Jet Services seeks out talented professionals at different levels of experience in many disciplines. Our goal is to hire outstanding people from diverse backgrounds who share our core values, and provide an environment for them to flourish. Interested parties may submit a resume to keep on file.
McClellan Jet Services is an "Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer."
Line Service Technician
The Line Service Technician is the front line of the business, ensuring that all aircraft movements are performed with safety and customer service as the focus. Working as part of a team you will greet and dispatch arriving and departing aircraft with a friendly and helpful disposition. You will operate ground service equipment (GSE) to perform services on the aircraft within the company’s policies and procedures and provide attentive service to all of McClellan Jet Services customers and other guests to the fixed base operation (FBO). This position will report directly to the on-duty line service supervisor.
• Always promote and maintain a positive image of McClellan Jet Services to all personnel, members, volunteers, vendors and the community.
• Embody a safety-first mindset and ensure that safety and security policies and procedures are always followed.
• Responsible for greeting pax and crew, parking, towing, wing walking, moving and marshalling aircraft arriving or departing the ramp area.
• Safely operate fuel trucks, tugs, forklifts and service vehicles. Report any unsafe, broken equipment to your supervisor.
• Responsible for fuel deliveries, ensuring the correct fuel type is delivered and quantity is as requested.
• Supply oil, nitrogen, and oxygen services for aircraft.
• Provide assistance to crews by loading and unloading baggage/cargo to/from aircraft.
• Perform aircraft services such as disposing of lavatory waste and servicing potable water.
• Furnish ground service functions such as providing electrical power and operating the air start cart.
• Ensuring that company vehicles are clean and well maintained and perform aircraft windshield cleaning when required.
• Responsible for general cleanliness of hangars, equipment, ramp areas, and customer areas.
• Properly dispose of waste, fuels, and oils.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Language Skills: Ability to read, comprehend and explain documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
• Effectively communicate to crews and passengers both verbally and in writing.
• Mathematical Skills: Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, percentages, area and volume. Ability to apply concepts of basic math.
• Physical Demands: the physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the overall duties and responsibilities of this job including:
o Regularly required to stand or walk.
o Frequently will be required to use their hands to handle and feel or to reach with hands and arms.
o Must be able to regularly climb or balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, sit or crawl.
o Must regularly lift and or move up to 70 pounds.
o Extensive and constant standing, walking, lifting, carrying, stretching, squeezing, pushing, bending, crawling, climbing, twisting.
o Physically enter/exit and operate motor vehicles and ground support equipment such as trucks, vans, tugs, and cars.
o Perform various functions from elevated heights.
o Possible exposer to hazardous noise levels, chemicals, fumes, and equipment.
Work Environment: While performing the duties of this job, the employee will frequently be exposed to wet and or humid conditions, moving mechanical parts, extreme cold, extreme heat.
Our benefits package is one of the best in the business: Medical, Dental, Vision, 401(k) with Safe Harbor Match, Disability, and Life insurance, plus vacation, sick leave, tuition reimbursement, year-round company-sponsored events activities and more!
The company provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
Job Type: Full time
Pay: $17-$21 per hour depending on experience
Schedule: The company is a 24-hour business: morning, evening and overnight shifts will be assigned, as required by the operation.
Requirement: Must have Valid California Driver’s License
Statements included in this job description are intended to reflect in general the duties and responsibilities of this classification and are not to be interpreted as being all-inclusive.